Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THE SOULS:JAR OF HEARTS

Stressed and disdainfully tired. I woke up chewing a sweet strawberry flavored gum which I bought in France since I have been stuck there waiting for my mom's fly away to Canada.

          Humming into the long road of Paris, blissful and yet appalling, nice and sweet. PREPOSTEROUS! Laughing and locking my eye into the beautiful place of Notre-Dame, Paris France. I was admiringly amaze to the great wind of bizarre this place had brought me, my feet are really vibrating into a jump and as my close friend interrupt me "madam, we need to go". Ooooh! Eyes of an owl. I remember my Grandma was waiting for me, though I really do want to stay but I really need to go. My hands waved back and forth just a way of saying a goodbye to this place.


          The trip freezes me and as we went to a stop in our old mansion, my longings in this special place had mourned me. Running back into my old dusty room makes me remember of the jars I left 6 years ago. 


          Excitingly run upstairs, as I was and went into my long dresser, there I found a jar of couple hearts beneath my cute and small dresses. My lips stretched into a smile and a sigh of homesickness. I was 12 years old when I left this place, now that I am 18 I can’t believe they still survive really I was certainly amaze. Staring blankly at the jars a memory and an image of “Mang Kanor” I said, he was the one who’d left with the thoughts kept on burning in my mind since I left 6 years ago, I NEED TO FIND HIM. Quenching my fist and pushing myself closer to my leather jacket I save from my trip to England when I was 16 years old and a half. My feet stopped and freezes, there, I saw Mang Kanor in the Garden as far as I can remember he was there too the last time I’d talk to him 6 years ago. “Mang Kanor…” “oh dear ! It’s like a year old since you’ve been here madam, you’ve been good enough and I can see that” and he added “and you’d turned out such a beautiful being, more beautiful than before madam” I smile for the sweet words he had told me, makes my heart ache for the longings that I’ve only spend 2 months of spring in Paris and left to home. “thank you Mang Kanor, it’s good to see you once again, I’m sure your doing great, I can see that too” he smiled. “of course your grandma didn’t left us in such many ways, and I thank her for that she’s really an angel through all these years just like you are” I was honored, we exchanges glance and I could see that he misses me as much as I miss him too. By not letting silence break us, I open up the topic and spoke to him as much as I could “ Mang Kanor, I never forgot the things you’ve told me 6 years ago. Could you explain it to me? I know and I understand why you wouldn’t tell me about it, maybe because I was not that age full to fully understand those things...” he sighed, and I continued “but now, I wanted to know about it Mang Kanor” and he turned to face me, and I sensed his expression that he don’t wanted to talk about it “cause it leave me hundreds of sleepless nights and even now” I jump to his arms. And as he smile and talk to me “it’s really a top secret dear, as much as I couldn’t tell you, but I think it’s time” silence breaks him again “because you deserve to know it, and your great grandparents told me that I should when time comes” “what do you mean Mang Kanor? I don’t understand you, really” “that’s why I’m telling you so that you will understand” “yah! So could begin it I’m been craving with that in 6 years Mang Kanor” “it goes like this, you remember those jars, beating lively as real, not as but totally real, they are the souls of your grandma” I know and I can feel it that he was not joking I can see it in his eyes “Mang Kanor tell me about it” “they die in an accident right? I saw them, I dreamed about them and they told me I need to get their hearts left in the car, I went there and saw the real hearts beating incorrectly, they told me I needed to find someone to release the guilt your grandpa had to her, to cage they’re love once again” I look seriously and listen carefully though my thoughts are now rummaging and acting crazy, but then I asked “what happened? Until now there isn’t anyone whose responsible for doing that” he crept to see me “I look for the answers madam but all of them didn’t believe me, they say I’m going crazy and they didn’t want to tolerate it, your grandma told me that she aren’t the one who could done it because she can’t use any of her powers anymore” “POWERS? What!” “Everyone of us do have powers madam, and even you. This was passed from generations and generations, indeed good member of the family receives it because they deserve and only that extraordinary power and powerful power could break the guilt they had” “so?” “and I think I found it already” “who? I was scared when he face me and I saw his eyes turned gold “Mang Kanor, your eyes....” and he turned to hid it from me “it’s the only power I had, to change and read minds, but I couldn’t read yours they are loud as your grandma has” he scare me again “Sweety?” I heard mom calling from the hall and he saw me talking with Mang Kanor “sweety come over here, come!” she shouted “Mang Kanor, what’s going on you?” “your mom’s thought are nothing but bare, go and see her, but remember what I’ve told you madam” and he continue watering the plants as he usually does, I turn to face mom and I met her gaze and I could sense they aren’t that amazing.

          I silently and blankly rest unto my soft cottoned bed. My mom went in and I was shocked for her arriving of pictures “what was that mom?” “Mom?” “Mom!” and she face me with an angry expression “what was going on?” “Speak to yourself sweety,stay away from Mang Kanor, I know he’d told you about powers and the hearts, all of those aren’t true, he’d told us about that too, 20 years ago. But all of those aren’t true! They aren’t true sweety, they aren’t. stay away from him, if you love me” “yes of course but don’t make him as an excuse mom” “honey listen to me. I just love you, I know him better than you do, so please make an effort for yourself to be safe  from him” “mom I’m safe with him” “you don’t love me, I’m just making the right move for you, he isn’t good for you” “and I didn’t tell you that he’s some kind of proof, or medicine for me to be good mom, he’s a good friend” I insisted though I’m shouting against mom “stay away from him, just stay away” “what you will insist again, that your right I’ve been here 20 years ago and you? What?” but I could not help when she is really mad so I stay calm and do what she wanted “ok mom, I’m sorry, but I will do it now.” “good” she said and give me a hug.

          When I was fun of nothing to do, I went outside and see how great the full moon was. Looking through it I was terribly shocked as I saw myself in a reflection of the moon in the pool, I saw my eyes are turning RED, and as a voice thrills me. You are exactly what I am searching for, apo! I was pacing back forth but saw nothing. I hurried upstairs and saw the 2 souls in the jar fighting, Mang Kanor was right. I hushed into myself.

          I turn to see myself in the mirror; I saw Manong Kanor and imagining the words my mom told me about him nothing that they aren’t true. I had powers as Mang Kanor told me, and I’m scared to be the one he had told me earlier. Tears fall rapidly and I can’t help them. I close my eyes and I wanted to wake up, how in wish this was only a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment